- 2 large zucchini
- Handful mini tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons vegan basil pesto (double check its dairy & gluten free)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Sprinkling freshly ground black pepper
- Vegan cheese (I used the powder-like parmigiano stlye kind but vegan mozzarella shreds would work well too)
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Take the top and bottom off the zucchini, & then carefully slice it into your pasta style strands. I did mine a similar size to spaghetti, but I've made more tagliatelle ribbons before too.
- Sprinkle the zucchini with freshly ground black pepper, and place in a steamer for about 3-4mins until it's soft.
- While that's cooking, heat the oil in a skillet & saute the tomatoes with the garlic (taking care not to let the garlic burn).
- Transfer the pasta to a bowl & gently toss it with the pesto, (trying not to break up the pasta), add the tomatoes & garlic.
- Divide the pasta into dishes & sprinkle with cheese, serve warm.