This recipe is made baked in the oven, purely because not everyone owns a dehydrator. But, if you are following a raw diet, you can substitute the olive oil for the juice from 2 lemons & 1 cup of cashew nuts (soaked for 2 hours) blended together, and the vegan cheese for nutritional yeast.
- 2 bunches kale
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or fresh crushed (both will work)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 5 tablespoons vegan parmigiano style powder cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash the kale, trim & discard the stems. Tear the leaves into chip-sized pieces.
- Place the kale in a large bowl & drizzle with the oil. Toss the leaves with the chilli, garlic & salt, until thinly coated.
- Place the kale on the baking sheets in a single layer. (You may need to repeat the baking process again to avoid the kale being on top of each other, depending on how big your oven is).
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the leaves start to go brown at the edges, be careful not to let them burn as the chips will get slightly bitter. Turning them part way through.
- Remove them from the oven, sprinkle with the vegan cheese, and then let them cool for a few minutes to make them crunchy.
- Serve... & eat! :)