Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas

This are my yummy alternative to potato chips, and they are so much healthier & better for you too. I have to limit myself, & I've only made them a couple of times, purely because I can't stop popping them in my mouth!


Ingredients
  • 2 cups chickpeas (I used canned- Trader Joe's & Wholefoods both sell them, but I guess dry would work just as well. Make sure you soak and prepare them according to the packet instructions).
  • 3 cups white vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt (more or less depending on personal taste)

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 420-425F.
  2. Place the vinegar & chickpeas in a pot and bring to the boil. Add an extra sprinkling of sea salt & remove from the heat. Let the chickpeas marinate for 30-40 mins.
  3. While the chickpeas are marinating line a baking sheet with tin foil (or you could use a disposeable foil tray).
  4. Drain the chickpeas, taking care not to bash them around too much, &  place them on the baking sheet.
  5. Drizzle with olive oil & sea salt, toss them around until they are fully coated.
  6. Roast them in the oven for 20mins.
  7. Take them out, toss them around, roast for another 20mins. Keep a lookout as you dont want them to get burnt. Crunchy is good, burnt isn't!
  8. Leave them to cool. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment