- 2 cups chickpeas (I used canned- Trader Joe's & Wholefoods both sell them, but I guess dry would work just as well. Make sure you soak and prepare them according to the packet instructions).
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt (more or less depending on personal taste)
- Preheat the oven to 420-425F.
- Place the vinegar & chickpeas in a pot and bring to the boil. Add an extra sprinkling of sea salt & remove from the heat. Let the chickpeas marinate for 30-40 mins.
- While the chickpeas are marinating line a baking sheet with tin foil (or you could use a disposeable foil tray).
- Drain the chickpeas, taking care not to bash them around too much, & place them on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil & sea salt, toss them around until they are fully coated.
- Roast them in the oven for 20mins.
- Take them out, toss them around, roast for another 20mins. Keep a lookout as you dont want them to get burnt. Crunchy is good, burnt isn't!
- Leave them to cool. Enjoy!