- 1 can coconut milk (it's best to avoid lite varieties as this makes the consistency too solid)
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 'goodness' sprinkles of your choice, examples i've used- vegan chocolate chips, fresh bluberries, or cacao nibs
- Soak the coconut in the coconut milk for a few minutes in a bowl.
- Add the agave nectar to it.
- Take the freezer bowl out of the freezer & assemble and turn on the ice cream maker.
- Pour in the coconut milk mixture.
- Now you just have to sit back and let the ice cream maker do it's thing! It's that simple!!!
Then all you need to do is sprinkle on your 'goodies' and serve! And there you have it yummy (&healthy) homemade gluten-free vegan ice cream, and cheaper than a tub from the market too.
I've also made this recipe with fresh mango. Which was a super delicious and refreshing alternative. If you want to give it a try as well, all you need to do is take one mango, puree half of it, & add it to the ice cream maker straight after the coconut mix. Then while it's freezing, cube the other half of the mango and add it in about 2 minutes before it's ready, and it's done. Simple!