Makes 2 portions
- 1/2 large onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Extra virgin olive oil or nut oil (for roasting)
- 1 cup peeled, de-seeded & cubed butternut squash
- 3/4 cup raw cashew nuts chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts chopped roughly
- sage (to taste)
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 420 degrees.
- Drizzle the squash with some oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, the optional sage & roast for 30 mins, until it starts to look slightly golden.
- Fry the onion until golden brown in a skillet (using a drizzle of the oil), remove from heat & add garlic, let cook slightly taking care it doesn't burn.
- Turn the oven down to 370 degrees.
- Lightly mash the onions & garlic together with the butternut squash.
- Add the chooped cashews & peanuts, combine well, form into two patties about 1inch tall.
- Bake for 60mins at 370 degrees. Flip the patties half way through, covering with foil if they start to get too brown.
- Allow the patties to cool slightly before serving to avoid them breaking up.