Who doesn't love milk & cookies? And (if I may say so myself) my gluten free, vegan nuggets of loveliness are delicious ones! Both chewy and crunchy, these taste even better dipped in a glass of almond milk, and the fact they are super healthy only make you love them more.
These are already no-bake but if you are following a 'raw' diet, they can be easily adapted. I made them for one of my friends, substituting the vegan chocolate chips for raisins. This version of my cookies works really well for breakfast when your in a bit of a rush too. You could also add a couple of tablespoons cocoa powder if you're wanting a much needed chocolate fix without the choc chips!
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1/4 cup almonds roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (more or less depending on how chocolatey you like it)
- Glass of almond milk to serve
- Food proccess or blend the medjool dates, add the almonds & repeat until mixed evenly through.
- Add the gluten free oats honey, and cinnamon to the mixture and pulse until just combined.
- Pour the cookie dough mix into a bowl, add the chocolate chips and combine (with a spoon if you don't like to get messy).
- Shape the dough into bite-size balls or alternatively you can flatten them into patties, placing them on a lined baking sheet.
- Refridgerate for about an hour, then.... enjoy!