Craving pie? Well look no further! This Banana Cream yumminess is for you. It's actually good for you as well, so you can indulge with non of the naughty-ness. It's so healthy, you could even have it for breakfast! Raw, and packed full of fruit & nuts... your skin will glow, your step will be springy, & your smile will be beaming! :)
For the pie crust:
- 1 1/2cups medjool dates
- 1 cup almonds (walnuts or pecans work too)
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly scraped vanilla pod
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked in water for 4 hours)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 bananas
- Place the dates and almonds in a food processor, and pulse until fine.
- Add the vanilla and maple syrup and pulse again until mixed in.
- Press the almond mix into a pie pan, forming a crust. Place into the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Drain the cashews, place them in a food processor with the water, and blend together until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed (it should take about 3 mins).
- Add the vanilla, coconut and maple syrup, blend until combined.
- Slice the banana, add that to the food processor and blend again until fully combined, it should be creamy and very smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the pie crust, and spread evenly. Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set.
- Slice the bananas for the topping just before you're ready to serve it, (otherwise they will start to go brown) and place them evenly over the set cream filling. It's also better to portion the pie while it's still a bit chilled, as it keeps it's shape a lot better.
- Serve and Enjoy! :)