My room-mate has been snuggled up on our couch sick for two days, so to cheer her up I made her some of my 'not-as-naughty' vegan & gluten free Hot Cocoa. This recipe serves 1, but I doubled it so I could have some too! This recipe is quite chocolatey, if you don't like it quite so rich, you can leave out some of the chocolate chips or use less cocoa.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Place the almond milk & cocoa powder in a small saucepan & warm over a low/medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once warm, add the chocolate chips, continuously whisking until melted.
- Add the vanilla extract, agave nectar & optional cinnamon, stir until fully combined & the chocolate mix is steaming.
- Pour into your favourite mug, and serve. :)